How to become a member?
Membership of the network is open to any physical person with concern over the current situation of the lion and demonstrating resolve in favor of wildlife in general and the lion in particular in West and Central Africa.
The criteria are as follows:
- To be associated with a wildlife conservation institution;
- To work or have worked in West and/or Central Africa;
- To work or have worked on large carnivores;
- To have e-mail and to have access to it at least once a week.
A membership request should be sent to the Executive Secretary and should contain:
- A written and signed request by the candidate;
- A detailed CV;
- A recommendation letter from a founding member of ROCAL ;
- A motivation letter of the candidat in which (s)he expresses:
- His/her capacity to participate actively in the conservation of large carnivores in général, and the lion in particulier, in West and Central Africa;
- His/her désir to work in the field and to do research in challenging environments.